Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day 4~ Project #3~ Covered

This chair was given to me a couple of years back. I had plans for putting it in my bathroom and I did even though it did not match. My plans were to cover the seat to match the room...now it does. Admittedly not the best photos (Is it just me or do these look like upholstery mug shots?) but then again admittedly no challenging upholstery job. It is no secret that I stink at upholstery and I'll never make a couple grand padding your great grandmothers living room suit ...it's just not something that interest me enough to learn and then who's to say I could?  Well I'm proud that I was able to locate my upholstery gun and find the fabric I had wanted amongst my heap of vintage and collected fabrics. Hey...the pattern is straight and not stapled to that small creased area of flesh between my over grown eyebrows and therefore meets my criteria for upholstering well done.  I count project successfully completed. Thanks for stalking my progress. Smiles ~  DarLy*~

2 comments:

Robin said...

This is so terrific! LOVE that fabric. Next time you have to take a before picture! Having an upholstery gun sounds serious......
so are you actually doing a new or different project every day? Geeze...I'll have some of what you're having!

Marilyn said...

What a sweet (and innocent) chair...mug shots, hehee:)